}; }; Saud Shakeel opens up on his alleged spat with Sarfaraz Ahmed

Saud Shakeel opens up on his alleged spat with Sarfaraz Ahmed

KARACHI: Pakistan’s left-handed middle-order batter Saud Shakeel on Tuesday, cleared the air regarding his alleged verbal duel with former captain Sarfaraz Ahmed.

A video went viral on social media in December, in which wicketkeeper batter Sarfaraz was seen engaging in an alleged argument with youngster Saud during a training session ahead of Pakistan’s three-match away Test series against Australia.

“For how long will I continue to be of use to you?” Saud questioned.

Sarfaraz countered, by saying, “You won’t be of any use to me. To begin with, I never instructed you to do anything. I never requested you to make a swap. I swapped with the person I intended to.”

Shakeel contradicted, saying, “You still made the swap, so I was beneficial to you.”

The viral video of Saud Shakeel and Sarfaraz Ahmed quickly grabbed the attention of cricket fans and many of them speculated a rift between the two players.

Follow us on our Official WhatsApp channel

Meanwhile, Saud, in an interview with a local news outlet, commented on the viral video and asserted that he shares a good relationship with former captain Sarfaraz.

“I have been playing since the age of 12 for the club, from which Saifi bhai and Asad bhai belong. So, I used to watch their matches while skipping my practices,” stated Saud.

“I have such affection towards them and Saifi bhai is one of them for whom I used to sit and watch him playing. I used to pray for him to perform well.

“So, I have a very good relationship with him [Sarfaraz] and the video that went viral was edited. It was portrayed as if I was quarrelling with him but I was joking and so was he.

“Even if you ask anyone in the team, I have a fun bond with him and I humorously poke him. So that video was fake.”

It is worth mentioning here that Saud Shakeel will represent Quetta Gladiators in the upcoming ninth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) under Sarfaraz Ahmed’s captaincy.

READ: Babar Azam shines in Bangladesh Premier League

The post Saud Shakeel opens up on his alleged spat with Sarfaraz Ahmed appeared first on ASports.tv.



from ASports.tv https://ift.tt/qzDj34g

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post