}; }; Shaun Marsh announces retirement from professional cricket

Shaun Marsh announces retirement from professional cricket

MELBOURNE: Former Australian opening batter Shaun Marsh has announced to retire from all forms of cricket after Melbourne Renegades’ match against Sydney Thunder during the ongoing season of the Big Bash League (BBL).

The 40-year-old had an impressive BBL season for struggling Melbourne Renegades, scoring 181 runs in five games at an average of 45.25 and a strike rate of 138.16, including three half-centuries.

However, his team is lying in the seventh spot with only two victories out of nine games in the season.

Marsh expressed his admiration and gratitude towards his Melbourne Renegades teammates during an interview with a local Australian media outlet.

“I have loved playing for the Renegades, I’ve met some great people over the last five years and the friendships I’ve made will last a lifetime,” Marsh said.

Follow us on our Official WhatsApp channel

“This playing group is special. They’ve been amazing to me, amazing teammates and even better friends.

“Our members and fans are some of the most passionate out there and I’m so thankful for their support over the journey. Stick with us, there’s a huge amount of talent in this group and I have no doubt they’ll lead this group back to the top.

“To the Renegades’ coaches and staff and everyone behind the scenes – thank you for backing me in from the start and over my final years. It’s made my job a little easier out in the middle,” he concluded.

Shaun Marsh scored 7050 runs at 37.90 and a strike rate of 128.53 in 215 T20 matches during his 18-year-long career.

READ: Mohammad Rizwan achieves major milestone in T20I cricket

The post Shaun Marsh announces retirement from professional cricket appeared first on ASports.tv.



from ASports.tv https://ift.tt/sBe5WZn

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post